Strawberry milkshake is surely a classic in its group although probably everyone prepares it slightly differently. Some add cream, some – ice cream; some use very ripe bananas, some – frozen bananas.
For a very long time, I prepared it as either a treat/snack or – sometimes – as an accompaniment to breakfast.
This time, I wanted it to be a wholesome breakfast and that is why I added chia seeds to my more-or-less usual ingredients.
Chia Seeds for Health
Why was chia supposed to make the difference?
Additionally, these seeds are weight-loss friendly because:
- due to a pretty high (for a plant food) content of proteins – approx. 16%, they reduce appetite, and
- since chia can absorb up to 10-12 times its weight in water, it becomes gel-like, expanding in your stomach making you feel fuller, so you want to eat fewer calories.
That way when you have this Strawberry Milkshake in the morning, you can be sure that not only you have a delicious and nutritious start to your day, but also you will not feel hungry for a few hours.
And did I mention it takes only a few minutes to make it?
Chia Seeds and Strawberry Milkshake [vegan]
- 200 g strawberries fresh or frozen
- 2 bananas
- 200 ml rice milk (or any other type of milk)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Process everything in a blender for 40-60 seconds.